We all have had our days when we want to be the new Gordon Ramsay or the next Rachel Ray but never knew where to start. Here is a couple of recipes to get you started.
Muscles are not only easy to make but they are fast. They are a great food to make for a parties of gatherings. They are inexpensive and taste amazing.
8 T. unsalted butter
5 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced (or diced)
4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
2 celery stalks, thinly sliced on the bias
4 sprigs thyme
pinch of kosher salt
1 cup dry white wine
2 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
4 tablespoons crème fraîche
2 lbs. mussels, preferably Prince Edward Island
a bunch of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
bread, any kind you like, grilled or heated just before serving
In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, melt the butter over a LOW flame. Add the shallots, garlic, celery and thyme. Gently sauté for about 15 minutes until the vegetables are soft but not browned. Season with a pinch of kosher salt
Add the wine, pepper, and crème fraîche, and raise the heat to high.
Once the liquid comes to a boil, add the mussels, stir gently, and cover with a tight fitting lid. Cook for 3 minutes, or until the mussels open
Add the parsley and stir gently. Serve in large bowls (remembering to discard any unopened mussels), with either crusty bread or French fries
Cajun Seafood Pasta
I have personally tried this recipe and it is delicious. I am not a huge fan of seafood but it is a great meal to eat a dinner with your family.
lb dry linguine or 1 lb dry fettuccine pasta
cups of heavy whipping cream
1tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
3⁄4teaspoon crushed fresh red pepper flakes
1cup chopped green onion
1tablespoon parsley flakes
1⁄2lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
3⁄4cup shredded swiss cheese
1⁄4cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, pour cream into large skillet. Cook over med. heat, stirring constantly, until just boiling.
3. Reduce heat, add herbs,seasoning,and veg’s.
4. Simmer 8 minutes, or until thickened.
5. Stir in seafood, cooking until shrimp is no longer transparent.
6. Stir in cheeses, blending well.
7. Drain pasta,top with seafood sauce.
Opt. You can make this hotter to suit your tastes by doubling the pepper and red pepper flakes.
A perfect recipe to end the night of delicous food. Chocolate mousse is very good and rich and tasty. Here is a recipe for the best chocolate mousse.
4 egg yolks
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup whipping (heavy) cream
1 package (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
1 1/2 cups whipping (heavy) cream
1. Beat egg yolks in small bowl with electric mixer on high speed about 3 minutes or until thick and lemon colored. Gradually beat in sugar.
2. Heat 1 cup whipping cream in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until hot. Gradually stir at least half of the hot whipping cream into egg yolk mixture; stir back into hot cream in saucepan. Cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens (do not boil). Stir in chocolate chips until melted. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, just until chilled.
3. Beat 1 1/2 cups whipping cream in chilled medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Fold chocolate mixture into whipped cream. Pipe or spoon mixture into serving bowls. Immediately refrigerate any remaining dessert after serving.